Setting Up Your App
Posted by Ryan Walsh, Last modified by Ryan Walsh on 23 January 2014 11:05 AM
To setup your application in your FB developers page, there are a few steps you need to follow...
1. Hit "Create New App"
2. Type a relevant name for your app and choose a category from the dropdown.
3. Next, you need to enter your domain (This is an important step because your Facebook Connect button will not work properly.)
4. Click "Add Platform" > "website"
5. Important step - Enter your top level domain (where you have your DR installed) where your wordpress installation is located (click "save changes")
***It is essential to type in your domain again where your wordpress installation is located at. If App Domains is filled incorrectly you will receive this error: Site URL, Mobile Site URL, CanvasURL, Secure Canvas URL, Page Tab URL or Secure Page Tab URL. This means that your AppDomain does not match the Site URL entered in the last step.The App Domains and Site URL need to be the same. Make sure you have removed the "www" when entering the Site URL***
6. Enable your app by clicking on Status & Review (Click The sliding tab on the right hand side to enable your app. This will turn off development modeand make your app live for use.Skipping this step will cause Data Reach not to function properly)
7. Locate and copy your App ID and App Secret into Data Reach.Click show to reveal your App Secret code.
8. Enter these credentials into your settings in DataReach in your WP and click "test app".